Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I should have switched majors

a long time ago. If I could do it all over again I would have chosen environmental science. But since I am two quarters away from graduating I suppose it is a little late to change now. A political science degree is great for making you open your eyes to the world and to think critically. However, it also shoves in your face all the things "normal" people try to avoid, like politics, sensitive issues like abortion, gay marriage, environmental degradation and violence. It is such a depressing major. I am glad that the torture is almost over. Soon I will be in a graduate program where the focus is much more narrow and not so heart wrenching (I hope). Perhaps I will return to school and seek the elusive science degree after having a job for a few years and paying off all my loans.

It is official, I am now an anarchist, I give up on government, what good is it really doing us? Seriously. Sorry to all those I offend with this statement but: imagine how much less violence there would be without religion and without politics??? Ughh I shall never get my wish, I know.
For now I will join the U.S. Green Party, a party with all the right ideas but alas no one will listen because they will never win any major elections because the American public would rather choose a president based on what church he or she attends and how many times a week. I am now checking out for the rest of the campaign season, what happens happens, it couldn't possibly be any worse than Bush and the Puppet Master could it??? Could it.....?? How easy is it to get Canadian citizenship....

5 comments:

CND said...

Yeah... the world would be so much more peaceful if we all played soccer instead.

mitchellsbrain said...

I think the world would be a better place if there were less oranges and more bananas.

Ong said...

Men.

Anonymous said...

The world would be better off with no majors. Specialization is for insects.

Nicole Abbott-Pohl said...

here here to Drew's comment!