Saturday, November 24, 2007

Home Again, OR The Sweet Sound of Silence

I have spent the last 10 days in my own personal hell. I agreed to watch my ten month old niece while her guardian was out of the country. I had not clue what I was getting myself into. I have never taken care of a child overnight (alone) in my life. The situation was not helped much by the fact that the baby came down with a double ear infection, and needless to say was not a happy camper.
I am home again now, and so very, very thankful for the experience, why? Because I no longer have to wonder if my husband and I made the right decision when we decided not to have children. WE DID. Sorry to our parents but Adam and Nicole are not doing the daddy and mommy thing. Being an aunt is fabulous, because I get to go home at the end of the day, I would not trade restful nights and silent mornings for anything.

1 comment:

mitchellsbrain said...

If you ever start to change your mind I will be glad to send my girls over anytime to remind you.
smm