Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Little Relief

I have found a little relief from pain. YOGA! I was amazed that I could actually do the moves with as much pain as I am in. But within 25 minutes of finishing a half hour "workout" I felt tons better. I have now done three workouts in three days and feel amazing. OK, not amazing but better than I have for weeks, possibly months. I doubted the ability of the exercises to help, but I doubt no longer. So not only am I doing something that it great for my body I am also doing something great for my mind, relieving constant pain (which sounds like a benefit for the body but is really one for the mind, if you suffer from any chronic pain, you understand what I mean).
I have also started using something called the Miracle Ball Method. They are just these little squishy balls that you place under different parts of your body and they help to relieve pain and reshape muscles. I have only done it once but it helped a lot with the back pain that my inflamed gallbladder causes. I have to give credit to my mom for this one.
I highly recommend to anyone to try yoga or the Miracle Ball Method.
These treatments have not "cured" me but they have certainly made it so I can sit through a 2 hour class without crying or getting nauseated from pain.
I have my surgery consultation next Monday and will update when I know more.

First day of my senior year of college was successful! I am excited about the quarter. Not so excited about LSATs in 3 weeks but what can you do.

No comments: